Monday, December 3, 2007

The End! (or the Beginning...#23)

I have reached the end and I am very glad I participated in the Queens Library Learning Program. Because I took part, I feel more in tune with current web technology and no longer experience the panic/fear sensations that would wash over me when reading about new things going down on the web. The program forced me to learn (in a fun and low stress way of course!) what I otherwise probably would have gone on ignoring yet feeling guilt about for the foreseeable future. I especially enjoyed the web applications exercise, playing with web 2.0 tools, adding entries to wikis, library thing, and bloglines. the format was just right - not too fast or too demanding. I wasn't expecting to feel as relieved as I do, now that I've completed the program. Not because it is finished, but because I feel I actually understand what's going on in the world around me and I had been getting out of touch. That would address one of my lifelong learning goals of staying on top of trends in every day technology. I know I'll never be a cutting edge player, but I would hate to feel as confused as my grandmother was by her VCR. So, thanks Queens Library, and the moderator of this program! If another program like this were offered, I would participate, and in fact, I think this should be revisited every 2 years or so, to keep up with the newest 2.0 (or maybe 3.0) tools.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.