Monday, November 26, 2007

Do De Rubber Duck (#20)

A few months ago I was watching Sesame Street with my son and I saw an updated version of Ernie's rubber duckie song from my childhood. It made me and my son totally crack up. I figured I could find it on YouTube and here it is! My other choices were 80s videos by local Philly bands I remember from my teenage years (Robert Hazard, Beru Revue) and the godawful Genesis video for the song Mama that my husband and I recently reminisced about. They were on there too, but Ernie seemed more universally enjoyable, so I chose that one. What's not to like about free videos? And the search engine is very easy to use and finds the videos you want with a minimum of fuss. Using the features and components of Youtube on any library website would probably add a lot to it. You could make a video library containing "how to videos" that show people how to repair cars, or TV, or cooking tips, etc. These are the kind of books people constantly ask for and it's always helpful to see something demonstrated. A library website could also show videos of speeches and debates or even movies on demand, if the copyright issues could be overcome. The possibilities are endless.

No comments: